No products in the basket.
Discover Mongolia Nomadic Tour
14 Days from June to September
Tour Highlight :
- See the real Mongolia – the largest nomadic country in the world
- Includes two domestic flights, so that you can save time and get more done.
- Cross the Gobi desert, trail through deep coniferous taiga forests, high mountains and crystal clear lakes
- Visit majestic temple ruins, sombre tombs, imposing cliffs.
- Available with a local Naadam Festival – UNESCO World Cultural Heritage
Do you want to experience all Mongolia has to offer but don’t know where to start? To see not only the boundless steppe and Gobi deserts but to also explore the historical sites and meet the people? Then this tour is for you. Amazing scenery, history, wildlife and adventure wait on this fabulous trip – you won’t forget it!
Day 1. Arrive in Ulaanbaatar and city tour
Day 2. Eagle valley in South Gobi
Day 3. Mongolian largest sand dunes and camel ride
Day 4. Bayanzag, land of the Dinosaurs
Day 5. Ongi Temple Ruins
Day 6. Visit Erdenezuu and Karakorum
Day 7. Tour to Arkhangai province, claim to be Switzerland in Mongolia
Day 8. Horgo extinct volcano and Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake
Day 9. Drive to Jargalant and visit nomad family
Day 10. Tour to Murun town
Day 11. Huvsgul National Park
Day 12. Take a boat tour to see Mongolian reindeer
Day 13. Fly back to Ulaanbaatar
Day 14. Departure from Mongolia
Tour Highlights :
Southern Mongolia (4 days) A chance for you to try riding the 2 humped Bactrian camel amongst the huge sand dunes of Southern Mongolia. Meet the camel herdsman and his family and then go on to see the land of the Dinosaurs, with relics from 60 million years ago.
Central Mongolia (4 days) Visits to huge Buddhist Erdenezuu monastery, the symbolic ruins of the ancient capital Karakorum, and great extinct volcano area with White Lake. Visit nomadic horseman family and sample their home made dairy products.
Northern Mongolia (4 days) Huvsgul Lake is the second biggest freshwater lake in Asia after Baikal and is a great place for fishing and boating and hiking through the beautiful scenery on land to explore the flora and fauna. Plus here you will meet Tsaatan reindeer nomads and explore their lifestyle.
Ulaanbaatar (2 days) The capital of Mongolia is a city of contrast where modern life comfortably blends with Mongolian traditional lifestyle you will visit the best of the city including Gandan Monastery, National Museum of History, Zaisan Hill War Memorial and live performance of Mongolian National folklore.
Combine Tour :
Thinking of experiencing the Naadam Festival ? Discover the magnificent Mongolia and experience the beautiful Naadam Festival at once by having Discover Mongolia Naadam Tour (July 02 – 17) – Contact us now !
Tour Information - click on the + to see details
From USD $ 2,865 pp
– Cost based on group size : 4-12 people
- Enjoy a ride on the sure footed and good-natured Bactrian camel.
- Peep into extinct volcanoes and rest your body in hot sulfur springs.
- Spend your nights in comfortable tourist camps and eat delicious, hygienic meals.
Since 2004, Discover Mongolia have been helping people the world over to enjoy unforgettable adventures to our homeland, and we do it all with expertise and passion. But we do more than just organise tours and bespoke trips to Mongolia, we help people to experience the true beauty of a country which is steeped in history and culture and one which thrives on a more simple way of life. We want each and every visitor to leave having experienced a truly unforgettable journey and we do that every single time thanks to our focus on quality and service.
- Hotel :
– Hotel is based on two people sharing one room with twin beds at 4 star hotel. 2 nights including Western or Mongolian breakfast. Free luggage keeping in the hotel while on tour to countryside
- Tourist Ger camp :
– Shared accommodation in tourist Ger camp – Ger (traditional dwelling) has 2 to 4 beds – very interesting and unique Western style toilets and hot shower facility is separate block – shared
– The restaurant serves usually Western and Mongolian meals Single supplement cannot be guaranteed but possible
- Transport :
– Domestic flights from Ulaanbaatar to South Gobi from Huvsgul to Ulaanbaatar
- Private transfer on each day :
– Air conditioned and comfortable Mitsubishi Delica 4×4 off road van Highly skilled driver. Airports pick up and drop off service. Allow only 4 passengers for 5 passenger seats – Your comfort is the priority!
- Guides :
– English speaking guiding service throughout the entire time Local guides for horse and camel ride trials Boat driver
- Meals :
– All meals as listed in the itinerary Finest Western and Mongolian meals, deserts Authentic Mongolian Barbecue Daily supply of bottled water: 3 x 0.5 bottle per day
- Entrance fees :
To all scenic spots as listed in the itinerary such as museums, monasteries, strictly protected areas, parks, concert, road fees. Horse ride – 1 hour Camel ride – 1 hour Boat trip – 1 hour
All services not mentioned above (get more details directly with the Travel Company).
- International airfare :
– International airfare or train tickets:Discover Mongolia! offers cheap international airfares and train tickets for our clients upon request.
- Mongolia entry visa fee :
– Discover Mongolia provides confirmed clients an invitation letter for obtaining entry visa to Mongolia.
- Excess luggage charges :
– Free luggage allowance is 15 kg for domestic flights depending on the air company.
- Personal expenses :
– Such as laundry, beverages, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Travel insurance :
– Our clients are recommended to get travel insurance coverage from their local insurance companies before travelling.
- Single room supplement :
– Single supplement is available at $70 in the hotel (for 2 nights)
- Single Ger supplement :
– Single supplement is available at $25 per night at Ger camps.
- Travel Insurance
- Camera gear & manual, tripod (STURDY), selfie stick and high volume digital storage
- Warm trekking gear – 1 down jacket – 1 windproof jacket – gloves – walking sticks (2)
- Comfortable trekking boots and trainers for the evening
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Laptop, chargers & card readers, split field neutral density filter & kit (optional)
- Polarizer filter and lens cleaning cloth
- Extra batteries. Bring at least 1 or 2 extra batteries + Battery chargers
- Sun glasses – 2 pairs
- Sun Hat, 1 cap and 1 warm beanie
- Buff or light scarf to protect your face
- Light 20L backpack
- Sun block – Factor 30+
Contact the travel agency
(Use Promo Code – PA/DM/DMT14)