No products in the basket.
Everest Base Camp Trek
19 Days from 10 to 29 May 2018
Tour Highlight :
- 1 Day Kathmandu visit
- Helicopter trip KTM / Lukla airport and back
- Tea House accommodation
- See Himalayan range and Everest Summit
- 1 optional day staying at Base Camp
Mount Everest Base Camp has been a popular destination for trekkers since the very first expeditions to the Nepalese side of Everest in the 1953. The Everest Base Camp trek starts in Lukla and follows the Dudh Kosi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche, a bustling bazaar that’s a junction for trekkers, the local Sherpa and expeditions en route to Mt. Everest. There are extra acclimatisation days, offering the best chance of making an enjoyable journey to Everest base camp along the Khumbu Glacier.
Day 1. (10 May) Kathmandu and city tour
Arrive in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Overnight in the hotel. (L+D)
Photo: Buddhanath & Monkey Temple visit, street photo, panorama view of city.
Day 2. (11 May) Fly to Lukla – Monjo
Meet in hotel at 6 am, transfer to the airport in van and flight to Lukla airport. Porters and Yaks are ready and we start our walk to Monjo. Overnight in local tea-house. (B+L+D)
Photo: Locallife in Lukla, panorama view of the Himalayan mountain range
Days 3. (12 May) Trek to Namche Bazaar
A great hike toward one of the most famous high altitude village perched on the foothills of the Himalayas. Fantastic opportunity for photographers to discover the buzzing village. Enjoy a tea looking at the 7000m peaks surrounding the valley. Overnight in local tea-house. (B+L+D)
Photo: Traditional life, suspension bridges, river and rapids
Day 4. (13 May) Acclimatization in Namche
After breakfast, walk through the small streets in the village which offer plentiful of shopping experiences. Last minute gear purchases. At the end of the day,relax in a coffee shop, have a massage and chill in a local pub playing snooker. There we have an opportunity to experience their way of life, the culture and traditions of the Sherpa people. Overnights in local hotel. (B+L+D)
Photo: Street photo, shopping
Day 5. (14 May) Hike to Khumjung
Today we will walk to Khumjung above Namche, passing Prayer Wheels and Mani stones. Overnight in local tea-house (B+L+D)
Photo : traditional village, visit of the local school (if open), mountain vistas
Day 6. (15 May) Acclimatisation in Khumjung
A great day to acclimatise and walk around the beautiful valley. It is a stunning setting with the awe inspiring massif of high snowcapped peaks, including Ama Dablam, Lhotse range and a glimpse of Everest. Let’s have a stop at the Ed Hillary memorial and have a late afternoon tea at the Everest View hotel. Back to tea-house for dinner. Overnight in tea-house (B+L+D)
Photo: Ama Dablam view and mountain range, mountain panorama, Ed Hillary Memorial
Day 7. (16 May) Trek to Phortse
Breakfast and we are ready to start our walk through towards the Everest valley. Relax in your local tea-house. (B+L+D)
Day 8. (17 May) Trek to Pheriche
After breakfast you will have a long day walking to Pheriche, getting closer to the towering peaks. Overnight at the local tea-house. (B+L+D)
Photo: Ama Dablam photo experience, mountain panorama
Day 9. (18 May) Rest day in Pheriche
A day acclimatisation in Pheriche where we rest and soak in memories of the past few days. Enjoy a hot shower at your local tea-house.
Acclimatisation: Hike to the hill and along the ridge
Photo: Buddhist shorten, Everest memorial in the village, mountain panorama
Day 10. (19 May) Trek to Lobuche
After breakfast you will trek through majestic mountain views and pristine nature, getting closer to the Lhotse ridge. Overnight at the tea-house. (B+L+D)
Photo: Lhotse mountain range
Day 11. (20 May) Trek to Gorakshep
After breakfast you head to the last village in the valley. Another great day to slowly acclimatise to the altitude. Overnight at the local tea-house. (B+L+D)
Day 12. (21 May) Trek to Everest Base Camp
After breakfast you trek through the moraine. We hike slowly due to the low oxygen level takig soe time for amazing photos of the Khumbu glacier. Overnight in tent. (B+L+D)
Photo: Everest moraine, Pumori, Nuptse and Lhotse summit.
Day 13. (22 May) A day in the life of Base Camp
What a fantastic day at Everest BC enjoying the magnificent views of the mighty peaks around. Overnight at BC. (B+L+D)
Photo: Base Camp photos, visit of the ER (if possible), Everest summit
Day 14. (23 May) Trek back to Pheriche
After breakfast you walk back to lower altitudes towards Pheriche. Enjoy a nice shower and soak the atmosphere of the local village. Overnight at the tea-house. (B+L+D)
Day 15. (24 May) Hike back to Pangboche
Gentle hike back to Pangboche. You will be taken to souvenir and cashmere shops before enjoying an evening concert of National Folklore. Overnight at the hotel. (B+L+D)
Day 16. (25 May) Return to Namche Bazaar
The trail winds through the Chorten and temples before reaching Namche Bazaar. You will spend time shopping for souvenirs before enjoying a nice evening concert dinner. Overnight at the Lodge. (B+L+D)
Day 17. (26 May) Back to Lukla
A long and enjoyable day back the lush valleys . You will be taken to souvenir and cashmere shops before enjoying an evening concert of National Folklore. Overnight at the hotel. (B+L+D)
Day 18. (27 May) Fly back to Kathmandu
Early breakfast to take morning Helicopter flight to Kathmandu. Overnight and celebration dinner at the hotel.
Day 19. (28 May) Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer to the International airport. (B+L+D)
Tour Information - click on the + to see details
From USD $ 3,050 pp
– Cost based on Helicopter flights
- Minimum participants : 6 person
- Private tour : 2 person maximum – tailored services and open dates available! Ask for tailored price & reserve your spot >
- Medium to Hard due to altitude
- Maximum altitude : 5,545m
Himalayan Guides Nepal offers high quality hiking and trekking trips throughout Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India including trips to Mount Everest and is a reputed tour operator based in Kathmandu. We offer guided climbing trips on trekking peaks as well as provide all types of support services for mountaineering expeditions on Everest.
- Hotel in Kathmandu:
– 3 nights accommodations in Kathmandu Hotel Manaslu or similar with breakfast on twin sharing basis,
- Flight :
– Round ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla via helicopter / domestic flight
- Private Transfers from/to airport :
– Comfortable van for airport pick up and drop off service
- Guides :
– 1 English speaking guide and required porters with their daily wages, domestic flight and insurance, TIMS, local government tax, national park permit, and all the necessary things for trekking.
- Meals :
– all Western or Local meals and lodges during the trekking period
- Daily supply of water and small snacks
All services not mentioned above (get more details with the Travel Company) and major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- International airfare :
– International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses :
– lunch and dinner, personal trekking gear such as a sleeping bag and clothing, travel insurance, helicopter evacuation if needed, tips and gratuities, airport departure tax, alcoholic expenses and expenses of purely personal nature such as telephone, laundry, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals
which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Travel insurance :
– Clients are recommended to get travel insurance coverage from their local insurance companies
before travelling. This should include search and rescue above 4000m altitude.
- Single room supplement :
– Single supplement is available at USD $70 in the hotel.
- Travel Insurance
- Camera gear & manual, tripod (STURDY), selfie stick and high volume digital storage
- Warm trekking gear – 1 down jacket – 1 windproof jacket – gloves – walking sticks (2)
- Sturdy trekking boots – comfortable trainers for the evening
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Laptop, chargers & card readers, split field neutral density filter & kit (optional)
- Polarizer filter and lens cleaning cloth
- Extra batteries. Bring at least 1 or 2 extra batteries + Battery chargers
- Sun glasses – 2 pairs
- Sun Hat, 1 cap and 1 warm beanie
- Sun block – Factor 30+
Contact the travel agency
(Use Promo Code – PA/DM.EF10)